Welcome to e4myJOB — the site dedicated to helping YOU find employment!
This site was created BY those impacted by the Recession FOR those impacted by the Recession…
The sole purpose of this site is to make sure its users know how to find a job. The job search process and the tools available have changed dramatically since the last time most of those now being laid off had to find a job.
Times and the Process Have Changed
The process has changed – or at least EVOLVED due to a combination of factors.
- First, the Recession means that there is a lot more competition for open positions. Companies are now receiving HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of applications for each open position. So, it is critical to stand out from the crowd. We can’t end the recession – but, we will help you stand out from the crowd!
- The Internet means that the ways to find jobs now has also evolved. Keep in mind that the majority of today’s actual openings are filled without ever being advertised on Monster.com, the newspapers or other locations. The positions are filled through Networking. So, you really need to understand and utilize online Networking to have an effective job search. We’ll show you how to use the best online Networking tools.
- Many employers are moving away from listing their job openings on such sites as Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com. Instead, they are listing their open positions on their own sites. So, don’t expect to find the best jobs or even MOST jobs on those sites. We’ll help you find the sites with the jobs.
You now have 15 – 30 SECONDS to sell yourself!?!?!
Yes. Your resume has 30 seconds at most to impress a recruiter and make you stand out from the crowd. And, in those few seconds, it must convince the reader that you are one of the 5 or so people who deserves an interview. Do you really know how to make that happen???
Unless you can can….
- Write a Resume that will “market” you – and, make you stand out from the crowd in 15 seconds
- Identify possible employers
- Identify open jobs – that are not advertised
- Use Networking effectively to reach out to people who can help.
….you NEED e4myJOB!
We will also provide other resources to help you survive while you are unemployed – including links to government assistance and ways to save money on the things you need.
This is a FREE SERVICE – But Please Remember Us!
The basic information on this site is free for those who are unemployed. And, it is paid for by the generosity of those who want to (and can) help. We do, however, ask that if you find a job and if this site helped, please remember us and possibly make a donation to help cover the expenses and to help others in their job search.
If you can help – get in touch!
If you are someone willing to volunteer your services to help with the site – for example, with web site programming, article research, writing or editing OR, resume review – we welcome your assistance. Please contact us through our Volunteer page.
If you or your organization or company want to help sponsor this site, please contact the Webmaster. There are a number of ways in which you can help people find jobs by supporting our efforts.
For those of you looking for work – we wish you the best! And, please feel free to use the resources in this site. And, let us know if it helps or if there is any way we can improve.